Monday, June 20, 2011

Veggie Pizza


Today I made vegan pizza for lunch. Since everything making up the pizza grew from the ground, I think it should count as a salad. :) Haha! I used a whole wheat organic vegan crust from Whole Foods. They only make a large crust that I can find so I cut it into quarters and use 1/4 for each meal. First I brushed the edges of the crust with a teaspoon of olive oil, then spread a little garlic tomato sauce over it. I added daiya "cheese" (mozzarella style) and then topped my pizza with fresh Portobello mushroom, sliced black olives, and red bell pepper. I baked it for about 10 minutes at 400 just until the "cheese" melted. It is delicious. I think for me the only thing that is missing is some garlic and pizza seasoning. I'll probably add fresh garlic and sprinkle pizza seasoning on next time. Buon Appetito!!


No comments:

Post a Comment